Elementary School Pictures

Welcome to the Olympia Elementary Classes
of OHS Class of 1974

  • 1961-62 Kindergarten, 62-63 1st Grade, 63-64 2nd Grade, 64-65 3rd Grade, 65-66 4th Grade
    66-67 5th Grade, 67-68 6th Grade.

    This page is updated regularly. Please send any new or better pictures to art@OlyClassOf74.com

Boston Harbor School
7300 Zangle Road NE

Established in 1900’s as part of Boston Harbor School District. Original school was built in 1938 as a Work Progress Administration (WPA) project. Consolidated with Olympia School District in 1964. Named after the community which began in 1906 as a summer retreat for local residents and vacationers. New building opened in 1991
Mascot: Bruins
Boston Harbor School fed Washington Middle School then the new Reeves Middle School in 1970

Garfield Elementary
325 Plymouth Street NW

Established in 1852 as “The Westside School” then in 1902 as James A Garfield School. The second school was bult in 1930 and demolished in 1989 and rebuilt in 1990.

Mascot: Wolverines
Garfield School fed Jefferson Junior High

Griffin School

Griffin School District served portions of Thurston County to the northwest of Olympia.  The district operates one K-8 school, the Griffin School. High school students attended Olympia High School and then Capital High School in the adjacent Olympia School District. Griffin School District operated buses to the high school.

John Rogers School
2400 15th Avenue SE

The Olympia Regional Learning Academy (ORLA)
opened in 2006 in the old John Rogers Elementary
School. It is home to the District’s Homeschool
Connect, iConnect Academy, and Montessori
programs. The new ORLA building opened in
January, 2015.

Lincoln School
213 21st Avenue SE

First Lincoln School built in 1890. Second school opened in 1923. Historic renovation in 1994. Now used as the district’s alternative Options Program.
Mascot: Loins
Lincoln School fed Washington Junior High 

LP Brown Elementary School
2000 25th Ave NW

Built in 1965, using the western most students of westside’s Garfield School.  Six more classrooms were added in 1969 with expansions in 1997 and 2006.
LP Brown School fed Jefferson Junior High.
Mascot: Eagles

Madison School
Central Street

Madison School was opened in 1956. In 1999 Madison was relocated to 1225 Legion Way.

McKinley School
2637 45th Avenue SE

Originally built in 1908 and established in 1960.  Replaced by a new Centennial Elementary School in 1989, remodeled in 2018 and reopened in 2020. 
McKinley School fed Washington Junior High
Mascot: 
The Olympia Regional Learning Academy is now at the parcel once occupied by McKinley Elementary.

McLane Elementary School
200 Delphi Road SW

Established in 1883 and consolidated with the OSD in 1966. The 4th McLane School was a stucco studio built in 1942 as a WPA project. The 5th McLane School opened in 1987 and remodeled in 2018.
McLane School fed Jefferson Junior High
Mascot: Owls

Roosevelt Elementary
1417 San Francisco Ave NE

Established in 1908 with a two-room schoolhouse. The second Roosevelt School was opened in 1923 called “The Annex”. The third school opened in 1949 and a fourth in 1989. It was remodeled again in 2019.
Roosevelt School fed Washington Junior High and then Reeves Junior High
Mascot: Ravens

St. Michael’s School

South Bay School
3845 Sleater Kinney Rd Ne, Lacey

South Bay Elementary is a public school located in Lacey, WA, which is in a fringe rural setting, next to the OSD. It is part of North Thurston School Dist 3.

  • South Bay Elementary was built in 1949 on 17 acres, in a rural setting. In 1981, the original building was demolished, and a new building was attached to the 1976 addition. The fire suppression system utilizes three 35,000 gallon tanks repurposed from the old Olympia Brewery.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.